Update: This position has been filled.
Looking for a marketing opportunity where both your creative AND your technical skills will be unleashed and fully appreciated?
Swift Software is looking for a creative, talented, and business savvy Director of Marketing to join our growing team. Join us and seize the opportunity to make a real difference helping to propel great products and a great team to the next level. As an upwardly mobile technology company with great products and services, we want your awesome skills and creativity to help us make big things happen. We want to leverage your ability to quickly grasp the complex and help us transform it into profoundly simple and professional yet compelling content and graphics. We want our next generation message delivered through promotional videos, social media, web and email campaigns, and numerous other mediums in a coherent, targeted, and effective way, and we want you to help us craft it.
The Director of Marketing at Swift is responsible for coordinating and executing complete end-to-end marketing efforts. You will be responsible for using and managing both technical and traditional media, internal and external resources, and a variety of creative tactics and strategies in order to generate qualified inbound leads that lead to new accounts and profits. Additionally, you will lead and execute efforts to support sales with campaigns and tools designed to help up sell and cross sell existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, create, and deliver marketing programs to support the growth of sales
- Design, create, and deliver sales aids:
- Digital Click Bait (Thought Leadership Articles, Pain/Solution Segments, etc.)
- Brochures and Folders
- Sell Sheets and Slicks (Print and Digital)
- Client Case Studies/Success Stories
- Develop and update sales presentations
- Provide reports on:
- Marketing trends
- New products
- Monthly Peer Report on Marketing Deliverables
- Manage Day to Day Web Updates
- Manage Vendor and Internal Coordination for Website Refresh Projects
- Use content management tools to actively manage website content
- Edit HTML as necessary to assure proper layouts, etc.
- Gather, edit/optimize, and publish content for website blogs, news, case study hooks and press releases
- Work with SEO vendor to manage keyword marketing efforts
- Lead Generation:
- Develop Target Profiles and Buyer Personas
- Work with internal and external data sources to develop target lists
- Use various tools to design, distribute, measure and optimize e-mail based campaigns and promotions
- Manage A/B testing to optimize effectiveness of Lead Generation Programs
- Research, manage, and attend marketing events
- Cold call script development support, will include making some cold calls to test and prove results
- Chamber/Association/BD/Business Card Exchange/Meet & Greet Events
- Traditional promotions
- Web Video Production (demos, testimonials assembly, etc.)
- Technical creative (thematic videos, marketing and design integration and automation, etc.)
- Create, manage and facilitate product/service announcements and promotions
- 10 or more years in technical marketing, may barter experience for relevant business or technology experience, and up to 2 years for a relevant degree
- A business or marketing degree and a high degree of “get it”
- Experience with the modern tools of the trade (Email, CMS, Web, SEO, PPC, Design, HTML, etc.)
- Experience with Video Production and Publishing
- Humility and an eternally teachable attitude, both core values of our team, and critical for quickly learning the nuanced depth of our offerings
- The proven skills and experience of a great marketer – the ability to contribute in measurable ways to leads, sales, and profits
- A strong and compelling portfolio of past performance
- Willingness to travel (infrequent but may be required in support of trade shows, industry events, sales engagements, or customer visits – in support of sales and marketing efforts, developing case studies, or for gaining market understanding, etc.)
Additional Skills and Specifications
There are a number of secondary attributes which are required for a candidate to succeed:
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The candidate MUST have superior communication skills in both verbal and written forms. Interpersonal and relational communication skills are equally important.
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS: He or she must have exceptional analytical skills and exceptional research abilities and the ability to prepare and present a strong business case.
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS: It will be necessary for the candidate to have the proven experience to help lead the company in the area of marketing and messaging and to contribute to the path of continuous improvement and success. A teachable attitude is paramount.
- WORK ETHIC: We are a very entrepreneurial environment. It is imperative for the person to have an exceptional work ethic and a compelling desire for achievement and excellence. being effectively self-directed and self-motivated to achieve externally recognizable results is a must.
- GOAL DRIVEN: The candidate should have the ability to thrive in an autonomous, objective-driven and results oriented environment.
- TECHNICAL APTITUDE: The candidate must have the proven capacity to rapidly gain a sufficient understanding of complex business facing technical products, services, and implementation strategies in order to be able to accurately articulate, in written and verbal form, the company products, services, offerings, goals, objectives, and achievements. Must be familiar with current technologies and methods for effectively reaching large numbers of qualified prospects and generating consistently strong lead flows
- CREATIVE ABILITIES: Must be able to consistently generate and deploy fresh approaches in order to gain favorable exposure to include the development of product and service announcements and promotions and press releases
Education and Qualifications
- The minimum preferred education level is a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- It is preferred for the candidate to have past working experience in sales and marketing efforts as well as other a variety of other technical and business related activities.
- Technical knowledge/experience/aptitude, particularly related to IT solutions and applications
- Knowledge of, and experience with, social media marketing tools and techniques, Microsoft Office Tools, Graphics Programs, Word Press, Marketo or similar e-mail campaign tools, trade show and marketing event planning and facilitation, and other promotional marketing
Attributes of a great candidate
- First hand experience with business process automation, business process improvement, or business process software
- First hand experience working with technology sales teams selling defined products and service offerings
- Experience marketing Enterprise software
- Experience marketing SAAS software
- SEO Expertise
- A strong desire to stay ahead of marketing innovations and technologies as well as current marketing techniques and disciplines
- A proven ability to grasp the nuances and motivations of various business models, niches, and market segments and message them to action
- Fast learner, not afraid of getting under the hood with technology
- Self-motivated, deadline driven, and proven effective with the investment and management of time
- Innately creative
- A passionate communicator effective through both word and art
- Able to work well with others in a lean and fast-paced team as a customer, peer, project manager, or vendor
- A strong desire to personally advance and grow as part of a dedicated learning organization
Salary Range and Benefits
- Our team and environment are fun, positive, and personable. We have a strong commitment to excellence in all we do and to ethics, integrity, and humility in the way we do them.
- Swift is an open compensation firm, with published pay range data available for all positions.
- The base salary range for this position is $70,000 through $96,000.00 per year based on outside market value (relevance and depth of skills and experience)
- Additional upside compensation is available through the company Pay For Performance (profit sharing) plan and through performance-based sales and marketing team objectives
- Competitive Healthcare options, Generous Paid Leave, 401K matching and other benefits are included.
If you want to work with a fast-moving team of talented and friendly people to help businesses and organizations around the world discover our software solutions that empower them to make radical leaps forward in organization and productivity, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference position DM212.
Principals only, no calls please.
US citizens and permanent residents only, no temporary residents.