Swift Software is excited to announce the release of JobTraQ version X6.5.0!
JobTraQ X6.5.0 brings you several powerful new features, such as a calendar sync add-in for Outlook, custom contact lookup fields for storing multiple contacts, and workflow actions for sending HTTP messages to other systems. You will also enjoy significantly improved speeds for batch processing (up to 60% faster), and for users with a large volume of recurring tasks (searches up to 50% faster).
Self-hosted customers with an active maintenance agreement can immediately download the self-installing upgrade from the JobTraQ customer portal.
SaaS customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the upgrade, or simply wait for us to contact you.
To read complete release notes for all current and previous versions of JobTraQ workflow software by Swift Software, please visit our release notes page.
For support, please contact support@JobTraQ.com.
For additional licenses or services, please contact sales@JobTraQ.com.
Custom multi-contact lookup fields
- Administrators can now create custom fields that can contain multiple contacts, just like the Assignee and Other Notification Recipients fields.
Send HTTP messages from a workflow action
- Workflow processes can now make HTTP or HTTPS requests to outside URLs to trigger actions on other systems.
- HTTP messages include the task/project ID and the ID of the logged-in user. Future versions of this feature will allow admins to send other data as well.
Contact Visibility Control
- Administrators can now define which parts of the contact hierarchy are visible to each user or permission group, further enhancing information security and confidentiality.
JobTraQ Sync for Outlook
- New Outlook add-in supports Outlook 2010 and newer.
- Syncs all calendar entries, including recurring tasks from JobTraQ and meeting invites from Outlook.
- Users no longer need to manage two calendars, which saves time and makes calendars more accurate.
Dynamic Date Filters for saved views
- Users and administrators can create saved views that search for tasks with dates related to the current time, using dynamic filters like “Today”, “Last Week”, and “Next Month”.
- Batch Edit processes tasks 40-60% faster, especially on systems with many GCAs.
- The recurring task list page is 20-50% faster for users with more than 500 recurring tasks.
- Administrators can now copy task types.
- Create Task and Create Project buttons are merged together so they are easier to understand.
- Several recurring task improvements:
- Recurring task scheduling tools are much easier to use.
- Each task and project has a shortcut link to the recurring task that created it.
- Create recurring tasks from tasks.
- Batch Edit can now be used for recurring tasks.
- Recurring tasks can use dynamic links and embedded pages.
- Two new workflow formula features:
- Today keyword returns midnight of the current day.
- Date() function extracts just the date part from a date/time value.
- Synchronize Configuration feature now syncs the Owner Title and Assignee Title system settings.
Changes in the Web Service API
- When searching for tasks or projects using a contact field, the Contains and Equals operators now match the contact name. There is a new ContainsId operator to directly match by contact ID.
- The NextRunDate property on the ScheduleInfo object for recurring tasks now uses an invariant date format instead of using the date format of the logged-in user’s culture.
Updated System Requirements
JobTraQ X6.5 and beyond require Windows 2008 or later
Because Microsoft has terminated support for Windows 2003 and 2003 R2, JobTraQ X6.5 requires Windows Server 2008 or later.
JobTraQ X6.7 will require SQL Server 2008 or later
Previous versions of JobTraQ required Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later. SQL Server 2005 has been in extended support for several years, and Microsoft is ending all support in April 2016. So JobTraQ X6.7 will require SQL Server 2008 or later.