JobTraQ Sync for Outlook is a Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013/2016 add-in that synchronizes your calendar to and from JobTraQ. It supports both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016.
This document will help you install the add-in and sign in for the first time.
Installing the add-in
To install the add-in, follow these instructions:
- To download the zipped installation files, click this link and sign in to the portal: JobTraQ Sync for Outlook
- Unzip the ZIP file to extract the installation files.
- Now we need to determine whether your Microsoft Outlook is 32 bit or 64 bit:
- Go back to the unzipped installation files. You’ll notice that there are two directories: x86 and x64.
- Choose the x86 directory if you are running 32 bit Office.
- Choose the x64 directory if you are running 64 bit Office.
- Launch Setup.exe in the directory you chose.
- Setup.exe will install prerequisites if necessary and then install the new add-in. Follow the installer instructions.
Once the add-in has installed successfully, launch Microsoft Outlook. The add-in will display this sign-in dialog:
In order to sign in, you will need to enter the JobTraQ URL, the username you use to sign in to JobTraQ, and your password. This information is necessary to synchronize your calendar to and from JobTraQ.
Finding the JobTraQ URL
To find your JobTraQ URL, follow these instructions:
- Open a web browser and navigate to JobTraQ.
- Sign in to JobTraQ if you’re not already signed in.
- Go to the first main tab in JobTraQ. It is usually called “Projects & Tasks,” though it may say something different but similar, since its title is customizable.
- Note down the URL. The URL usually takes one of two forms:
- Select the text in the URL and delete the portion after the final slash (/) character.
- The remaining text is the JobTraQ URL. To use the above examples, that would leave you with one of the following JobTraQ URLs:
Once you have obtained the JobTraQ URL, enter it into the URL field of the sign-in dialog. Then also enter the username you use to sign in to JobTraQ and your password. Click the Sign in button.
The add-in will immediately begin loading your JobTraQ calendar into your Outlook calendar. If your JobTraQ calendar is large, it will take a few minutes. After it finishes pulling down your whole JobTraQ calendar, it will continue synchronizing changes in both directions. Changes you make to your Outlook calendar will be picked up and synchronized into JobTraQ, and changes that anyone makes in JobTraQ will be pulled down and synchronized into your Outlook calendar.
Continued use of the add-in
When you quit and re-launch Microsoft Outlook, the add-in will not usually require you to sign in again. However, if you have left Microsoft Outlook closed for a long period of time or when a new version of JobTraQ is installed on your web server, the add-in will require you to sign in again. But it will save the JobTraQ URL and your username.
Whenever the sign-in dialog appears, simply enter your password and click the Sign in button in order to allow the add-in to continue synchronization of your calendar to and from JobTraQ.